Firm News and Events in Belleville
Dixon & Johnston News Updates
– Christopher Smith was a speaker at the St. Clair County Bar Association Family Law Seminar in June. He spoke on the topic of child support for adult/disabled children. Scott Dixon also spoke at the same seminar on Social Security disability issues.
– John Johnston recently completed 2 days of training to serve as a mediator in St Clair County in foreclosure cases. The training focused on loan modifications and resources available to homeowners to work out restructuring mortgages with lenders.
– John Johnston continues to serve on the Board of Directors of the Children First Foundation and has done so for over 15 years. He is a past president of the Board.
– John Johnston is currently serving on the seminar committee for the Bankruptcy Association of Southern Illinois and is a past president of that organization.
– John Johnston attended the convention of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys in New York City in the Summer of 2014.
– John Johnston has been asked to serve as a panelist at the National Association of Chapter 13 Trustees 50th Annual Educational Program in Salt Lake City in July 2015. He will speak on Domestic Support Obligations, Priority Claims and Other Domestic Relations Issues.
– Christopher Smith is a member of the Illinois Family Support Enforcement Agency’s (IFSEA) legislative review committee.
– Christopher Smith has been appointed to serve on a committee to prepare local rules for e-filing discovery in St. Clair County’s 20th Judicial Circuit.
– In the Summer, 2014, Christopher Smith helped organize the first annual Guardian Ad Litem Training Seminar and spoke at the seminar on ” How to Get Paid as a Guardian Ad Litem: Income Withholding Notices and Proofs of Claim in Bankruptcy.”
– Christopher Smith participated as a lecturer on the subject of ” Family Law” for the St. Clair County Bar Association and Southwestern Illinois College’s (SWIC) ” The People’s Law School” for April 2014.
– In November 2014, Christopher Smith presented on Family Law and was a moderator of the Mediation Panel at the joint Continuing Legal Education Seminar put on by Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance Foundation and the St. Clair County Bar Association. Chris also served on the planning committee for the seminar.
– Christopher Smith is a member of the Children First Foundation Board of Directors and the Executive Committee, currently serving as Treasurer.