Experienced Foreclosure Defense Attorney in Belleville, IL
Foreclosures and repossessions are two of the biggest fears our clients have when they come to see us about bankruptcy. The law firm of Dixon & Johnston Law Office offers foreclosure defense services for our clients in the Belleville, IL area. If you become delinquent on mortgage payments or other secured debt bills such as car loans, foreclosure and repossession become real possibilities. Your chances of keeping your home and other assets can significantly improve by contacting the foreclosure defense attorneys at Dixon & Johnston to discuss personal bankruptcy. Learn more about foreclosure defense law and contact us today for a free initial consultation.
What Does a Foreclosure Defense Lawyer Do?
If you’re facing a foreclosure, you need an experienced foreclosure defense lawyer to help you through the process. There are many things foreclosure defense lawyers can do for you, including:
- Filing a Notice of Appearance
- Answering the Summons & Complaint
- Appearing at Settlement Conferences or Mediation
- Using Effective Foreclosure Defense Strategies
- Saving You from a Deficiency Judgment
- Assisting with a Loan Modification
- Offering Sound Advice
Options to Help You Avoid Foreclosure
Foreclosures can be stressful and confusing because the average homeowner doesn’t know a lot about the process. There are quite a few options available for Illinois homeowners to avoid foreclosure proceedings, including the following:
- Loan Modification – Homeowners facing foreclosure can often opt for a loan modification. Our team of attorneys is here to help you negotiate the mortgage modification process with your lenders.
- Short Sale – Under this option, you can sell your mortgaged property for less than the balance owed, and the proceeds are given to the lender.
- Deed in Lieu – Our attorneys can negotiate with your lender for a deed in lieu. As the homeowner, you will sign over your deed or title to the bank, which will cancel your mortgage.
- Bankruptcy – Filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy will stop all foreclosure proceedings and give you the chance to catch up on your mortgage over a period of 5 years.
Helping You Save Your Home from Foreclosure
Our seasoned foreclosure attorneys are here to help you stay in your home. If you are currently in arrears on your mortgage payments, contact our team to discuss your options and rights under consumer bankruptcy protection. We can help you, whether the foreclosure has started or not. Our bankruptcy lawyers will take the time to get to know you so we can best assess your case and figure out the most appropriate way to keep you in your home.
Dixon & Johnston Law Office can also assist with vehicle repossessions. Your lender has the right to repossess your car as long as you miss a car payment. If you’ve fallen behind on your bills and payments, it’s time to speak with an experienced bankruptcy law firm. Dixon & Johnston Law Office can help you save your home or car. We will walk you through all your options to find out what’s best for you.
Contact us for a Free Consultation
Our team has offices in Belleville, IL to help homeowners in Southern Illinois and the Metro East region. Your home is likely your most significant investment, so don’t let it slip away. Our experienced attorneys can determine the best strategy to help you avoid foreclosure. Contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation.
**Information is consistent with Illinois bankruptcy regulations. Additional information regarding foreclosures for the state of Illinois can be found here.**