Family Law Attorneys in Belleville, IL
Choose the Best Family Law Attorneys
Family is one of the most important things in life. It can be very stressful and emotional when you and your spouse have decided to divorce and end your marriage. Matters get even more complicated when children are involved. The family law attorneys at The Dixon & Johnston Law Office in Belleville, IL are here to help. It’s essential to choose the right lawyer to help you through the process. Our attorneys are dedicated legal professionals who are experienced in family law and will ensure that your rights are protected. Get in touch with our Belleville family law attorneys today.
Legal Issues Related to Family Law
We all want our families to get along and stay together, but sometimes that isn’t the case. These matters can get quite complicated, and many times legal issues will continue to arise even after your divorce is finalized. A change in your income or your former spouse’s income can result in the need to modify child support or spousal maintenance payments. A change in your or your ex’s financial situation means you should contact our family law lawyers. We can guide you through the modification process, ensuring you receive the compensation you legally deserve.
Comprehensive Family Law Services
If you’re looking for an experienced family law attorney in Belleville, IL, you’ve found us. The Dixon & Johnston Law Office is here to assist you in all aspects of family law. Learn more about some of the many services we offer:
- Divorce – Ending a marriage is not easy, and the legal process can be an additional burden. Many legal issues need to be addressed, including property and asset division, spousal support, and child custody. Our experienced divorce attorneys take the time to get to know you and then walk you through the process step-by-step. Allow us to help you through this challenging time with our compassionate and experienced representation.
- Child Support – After a divorce involving children, child support is an ongoing payment made by one parent to the other for the financial benefit of their child or children. These matters can be complicated and emotional, but our attorneys are here to help. One of our attorneys is a former prosecutor in the state attorney’s child support division, so you can count on us for the experience and expertise you need.
- Child Custody & Visitation – When a marriage breaks up, it’s essential to know which parent the children will live with. In some cases, they spend all their time with one parent, while in many others, their time is split. Our law firm is highly experienced in child custody matters.
- Property Division – Who gets what after a divorce? Our family law attorneys can help you express your preferences and fight for your rights.
- Modification – Some legal issues arise long after a divorce becomes finalized. Our attorneys concentrate in alimony or child support modifications based on changes in financial circumstances.
- Alimony (Spousal Maintenance) – Separate from child support, alimony is the legal obligation of one person to provide their former spouse with financial support after a divorce or marital separation.
- Adoption – Forming a family through adoption is a joyous occasion, but you need guidance from an experienced attorney. We provide step-by-step guidance for a smooth and stress-free adoption process.
- Paternity – If a woman is not married when a child is conceived, it may be necessary to establish paternity by having the Court confirm who the biological father of the child is. We can assist with father’s and mother’s rights.
- Family Law & the New Bankruptcy Code – The Bankruptcy Code can have far-reaching consequences pertaining to family law. Our law team is here to assist with domestic support obligations, past-due support, the means test, and more.
Belleville Family and Bankruptcy Law Attorneys · Free Initial Consultation
We know that family law matters can be incredibly complex and emotional. Divorce is not easy on the spouses involved or any children they may have. Our experienced attorneys can ease your mind and help ensure you are treated fairly by the courts and get what you deserve. Divorces are tricky whether children are involved or not. Our law firm was established in 1990, and we’ve helped many families and individuals in the Belleville, IL area with social security disability cases. WE also handle socisl security disability cases out of St. Louis, MO office. Our lawyers are happy to discuss your questions and concerns with you at any stage of your case. Don’t attempt to handle these complicated family matters on your own. We concentrate in all areas of family law, in addition to bankruptcy and Social Security Disability. Contact our law firm today for a free consultation.